This week I presented to staff at Nutricia about posture and spinal health as part of a “Lunch & Learn” seminar.
The seminar focused on:
- Creating awareness about posture
- How deadly bad posture is
- How to recognise if your posture needs help
- Desk posture
- What to do if you need help with your posture
It was a great session, with plenty of great questions from Nutricia’s team and lots of engagement afterwards. Part of the session was getting everyone up on their feet to go through some stretching exercises which will help once they are back at their desks.
Here are some quick tips for people working long hours in front of a computer:
- Sit for ½ Hour maximum at a time.
- Get lumbar support
- Make sure you have a vertical seat back
- Check your seat height
- Monitor your position – if you feel you are starting to hunch over, it’s time for a short break.
If your organisation would like to book a “Lunch and Learn” seminar please contact Tara or I at the office.
Dr Sarah MacNeil
Please follow Chiropractic Central on Facebook to stay up to date with our news and continue the conversation.
You can also follow Chiropractic Central’s Instagram account too (@ChiroCentral).