Thank you to everyone who made our Spinal Health Week 2014 fantastic. Our wellness nutrition seminar was well attended and many first time visitors took advantage of our complementary spinal check and report!
In September last year I shared a post about Golf and Chiropractic that that discussed common golf injuries and how Chiropractic can help treat and prevent those injuries.
With Sydney’s autumn being more like summer for the past two weeks, and winter nowhere in sight, I thought I’d share some more golf tips for those of you taking advantage of this glorious May weather!
Tips for Avoiding Back Pain from Golf
Simple preventive steps can go a long way in preventing low back pain in golfers.
- Make sure your club fits your body. A club that is too long or short can wreak havoc with your spine
- Treat golf like you might treat running – not as a weekend athlete, but someone who plays the sport two or three times a week every week. This will prevent the “de-conditioning” of your muscles that occurs between golf sessions that makes you more susceptible to injury. Avoid golf sprees ! Don’t play five times in one week and none the next.
- Push the golf cart. Don’t pull it.
- Use a long putter during one round. This will decrease stress on the spine.
- If you’re carrying a golf bag, choose one that has a dual backpack strap.
- Lose any excess weight before you start the sport.
A chiropractor can ensure you’re using proper body mechanics to prevent back injuries from golf and everyday activities. Chiropractors can also keep your spine properly aligned to reduce your risk of herniated discs and pain from osteoarthritis.
Dr Sarah MacNeil
Please follow Chiropractic Central on Facebook to stay up to date with our news and continue the conversation.
You can also follow Chiropractic Central’s Instagram account too (@ChiroCentral).