Getting Knocked Up, Blocked Up or already Flocked Up with kids?
Join us at our Mums & Bubs seminar on July 18th!
As a doctor of chiropractic, it is part of my mission to educate families about natural solutions to optimise their health. In line with that, Chiropractic Central has an amazing complimentary event coming up that brings together 6 dynamic women to present information about strategies to naturally support women getting ready for pregnancy, who are currently pregnant, and who have had children and want to support healthy development.
Below, I share my personal story that is inspiring Chiropractic Central’s upcoming Mums & Bubs Seminar on July 18th.
So for the first part of my life you could say I gave my mum a bit of a hard time (she would maybe disagree that it was longer than just the first part J). It started when my mum’s birthing plan didn’t go to plan. I ended up having to be delivered by forceps and I came out with a very misshapen head, bruising and was not a very happy girl. My mum was able to breast feed me for about 2 months but it became very challenging when I was having major digestive reflux and colic issues, so she decided to stop and put me on medication from the GP. From there, when I was about 9, I started having major digestive issues and even though they couldn’t find a diagnosis for me I was again put on drugs for my symptoms. My mum, being so concerned about me, had a friend recommend that she take me to see a wellness chiropractor to look at a natural and holistic approach and that’s when my life changed and I started getting healthy.
Unfortunately my mum didn’t know anything about how sometimes a pelvic misalignment (which luckily can usually be helped naturally) can lead to uterine constraint which can cause a more difficult delivery and more interventions like forceps. This type of delivery can put stress on a little baby spine which could possibly have been the cause of issues with my digestive system. Not being able to be breast fed for very long didn’t give my immune system a great chance at developing as optimally as possible which, in turn, can lead to future health issues.
Please don’t misunderstand me, I definitely don’t blame my mum – I love her so much and think she did everything she could and made the choices she thought best, out of love, with the information she knew. This is not about judgement but about empowerment. And this is my point and why I am so passionate about what I do. I am all about getting as much information as possible and asking the right questions so I can make the best informed choice about my health and the health of my family, not just the easy choice or the one that everyone is making.
You’re very welcome to join us on Saturday the 18th of July for our “Getting Knocked Up, Blocked Up or already Flocked Up with kids” session.
There will be some great speakers, a lovely morning tea, a goodie bag full of specials from local businesses, and a few lucky door prizes.
The 6 speakers are:
- Dr Sarah MacNeil: Dr Sarah will be speaking on spinal and neural health for mums preparing for pregnancy, during pregnancy, and for delivery and post-delivery and also for healthy spinal development for children.
- Olivia, a naturopath, will be speaking about super foods and nutrition and how to support mums and bubs
- Shona, a massage therapist, will be discussing the benefits of massage for pre, during and post birth and also the importance of touch and teaching body awareness for babies.
- Elizabeth, an aromatherapist, will be speaking about the benefits of aromatherapy during pregnancy and delivery and also in child and family health.
- Anna, an exercise physiologist, will be discussing post pregnancy pelvic floor rehabilitation and also stabilisation exercises.
- Brooke, a doula and prenatal yoga instructor, will share insights on the importance of movement and the benefits of a natural birth.
The morning will be lots of fun with loads of information that everyone can implement right away to start moving their family towards a natural, healthier future!
- 9.30-11.30am Saturday July 18th
- Chiropractic Central Lane Cove, Suite D 161 Burns Bay Road
- Tickets: Complimentary – but please RSVP to Tara to reserve your seats. Phone 9418 9031 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr Sarah MacNeil
Please Like Chiropractic Central on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay up to date with our news and continue the conversation.You can also follow Chiropractic Central’s Instagram account too.